Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Open Spaces

I thought it was important to show you guys that yes, there are open areas with grass, trees and water in Tokyo!


Taken at a park in Hiro-o (a big expat "with family" area)




There were a few cute old men fishing in this pond. See them back there?



The following pictures were taken at Kasai Seaside Park right outside Tokyo. Inside the park there is an aquarium, ferris wheel, bird sanctuary and man-made beach (of course anyone who has been to a real beach would laugh at the sight of it, as I did but I laid out anyway...)


Crossing over the bridge to the beach


Looking back from the beach to the glass look-out tower/building


Some pretty cool looking stumps...







1 comment:

Jim Storer said...

Great pics! Tell us more about what you're up to day to day. Would love to see what you're eating (beyond $11 granola). ;-)